Possible solution to my startup problems?

• For those not followed, it is a W124 230E-88 I have.
    I have had continual starting problems and now I have indeed changed everything imaginable that can be on the car ... but now that I was thinking of one thing so I came in the night ....

When I reset my Merca so I had to set refreshed at the top with the points on the pulley (should well be point on top to 0|0?) ..... It is only good if they are point against point .... but then he is the crankshaft sensor errors that are critical for the ignition system?

As long so can not be point towards 0|0 it says it's not right ...
    Could it be the sensor who's haunted? :hmmz:

You may say you do not know what I mean :whistling:

Just a thought :huh:

I enclose a picture of my thinking

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i56.tinypic.com/281swo5.jpg]

• Hello,

You even checked fuses/overvoltage protection relay? If Position of crankshaft senor is wrong, you get an earlier ignition point. So ignation has finished bevor gas injection follows. Maybe thats your problem. I think, too. Other cause may be ignition center on the left inner fender. Or failure of ignition coil. There are only three main positions that cause missing start proceedure. First, there´s no right ignition. Second there´s not enough fuel to work, means caused by failure of fuel pump relay. Third, the mix of air and fuel fails, means the problem is at KE Injection center.

Good luck and let us know.

:) :)

• Okay but I have changed the fuel pump relay,fuel pump,fuel filter and all ignition parts...In other words, I've changed everything and reset the engine correctly :pupillen:

I have to have full throttle on the car to be successful start.
    But once it starts so she starts backfire and go very badly, also sounds like she is on three cylinders of four ....

Forgot to add that I have to wind up the car 3-4 times before it finally has been idle and the car is fine again on all cylinders. If I let my gas as soon as the car starts it dies immediately.

When I drive the car as she goes how good any time without any problems at all.
    Besides, when I change down a little too quickly and accelerates too quickly, then starts the car to jump, cough, and want to die .... I have to gas up some time for the car to go well again. :huh:

The only thing I have not changed the distributor cap (Verteilerkappe in german? :whistling: ) ,it is the only one who is old, but it can make an impact of the start? ?(

• Yes it is. It´s part of ignition equipment. If the spark is not directed, as it should, the ignition of the cylinders is disturbed. Take off the distributor cap and look for two things:
    First, if there´s any small crack in the cap. There you can use a very fine abrasive paper (1000 granulation) very careful to close those cracks. Then take a brake cleaner spray and dry it again. Put the cap on again.
    Second, if a spark is wrong the contact which belongs to it will show burns. You need an new cap. If it´s only a small location, you should try to use a nailfile to clean and sand all contacts till they are shiny. Then clean the cap, put on again and...I think it works.

:) :)

• Okay I'll try it, hope it comes off then to the distributor cap has been sitting in that car since it was made perhaps :|
    I thought it looked pretty old, but It has of course worked so far but now i get a little annoyed that everything else is changed except the cap :whistling:

And then the multi-strap is bad

late in the week I was in a car junkyard and saw reached that made my eyes get stuck ..... where the scrap yard, it was a Mercedes-Benz CLK Avantgarde -08 who have been crashed out for but it was not a dangerous crash 8| ,do you know something you can take away from those who might be good in my mercedes? :winki: